In the last few weeks two of Europe’s largest airlines, Air Berlin and Monarch have ceased trading, Ryanair have cancelled thousands of flights and Hurricane Irma caused havoc in the Caribbean. If you don’t already have Travel Disruption Cover – get it now!
Insurance is one of those purchases that unfortunately you only really value when something goes wrong. I always take my insurance with Multitrip.com and just renew it each year without asking any questions. However in light of recent events with Ryanair and with Hurricane Irma, I like many of you, found myself asking what exactly am I covered for? Most insurance policies will not cover you for ‘acts of God’ like hurricanes or volcano eruptions or for airline strikes or closures. Remember the Icelandic ash cloud? 100,000 flights were cancelled and many people were left stranded for weeks. Multitrip.com however, have a Travel Disruption Cover which can be added to all policies from as little as €10 (single trip policy) and €17 (annual policy) and will provide you with additional cover in the event of adverse weather conditions, airline cancellations and even strikes.
Like all insurance policies however you can’t purchase Travel Disruption Cover after something goes wrong… Once you have added it to your policy it will be effective seven days later, so don’t wait until you hear about the next hurricane, or rumours of Ryanair cancelling more flights – add it to your policy now! Travel Disruption Cover offers extended cover under delayed departure, missed departure and accommodation sections, should your flight be cancelled or delayed as a result of strike or adverse weather conditions.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours it covers additional accommodation and travel costs up to €1,000.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours then you can claim back up to €1,000 for irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation costs should you cancel.
- Claim back up to €1,000 for accommodation if you have to be moved from your current location or cut your trip short because of flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption etc
- Covers cancellation or curtailment charges should the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or World Health Organisation advise against travel to the country or specific area you are travelling to.
- Gives you control of the situation and the added security that you have sufficient cover should an airline cancel, delay or redirect your flight after take-off.
For prices, bookings and more details on Travel Disruption Cover, visit Multitrip.com or speak to your travel agent.
Related articles on the blog: